22.12.2014

Something New, Something Old

Good afternoon, lords and ladies!

It's almost Christmas, isn't that exiting? To me, it still is! I love Christmas - and not the least because for us students it means a long holiday! Summer holidays are not counted because most students work during Summers (and that includes me, too), but I like to keep my Christmas holiday as a real holiday. Hopefully I'll now have more time for blogging also.

This time I decided to blog a little bit about home decor. I am a great decor enthusiastic, but as a student I don't have the funds to purchase all the things I would like to. And when I finally managed to drag my fiancé - not so much enthusiastic - to Ikea, he was the voice of reason and said that there's no point in buying any new furniture to this apartment, as we are soon going to move out anyway. I have to admit he was right, and so we only ended up buying some new textiles. But even so, it's far better now! And as my fiancé graduated, we have real flowers in every room. ♥ The Villeroy & Boch bowl is his graduation gift also.


So, I changed the colour theme in the living room & kitchen area a little bit. I've been having a crazy dark blue period, and I still love that colour, but it made our little home look a bit gloomy. Now the colours are mainly white, light grey and just a little bit of dark blue. I like it very much, it's a really calming colour combo. The lace curtains are from Ikea, but the curtains with the grey flower pattern are Luhta Home's, a second hand find of mine.


These pillows are so old I can't remember where they are from, but they finally found their rightful place.


As you may already know, I'm very happy with our bedroom, which has been a pet project of mine (as fiancé agreed I can express my girly tendencies there, I have been able to decorate it just the way I like).


The mirror table is an ideal place for flowers (and candles too), because the mirrors create an illusion of many more flowers.


The next two things aren't actually new, but I just took them out after a long time of not using them and that makes them feel all fresh again! First, the cow alarm clock (it has an alarm sound of a cow mooing).


Second, these colourful lanterns. They are adorable and give a nice, festive athmosphere when lit.


Some Christmas decorations my Mom gave us (Stockmann, Perfect Home).


And our teeny tiny, totally fake Christmas tree with pink and silver ornaments. My view on the matter is that if one goes for a fake tree, it might as well be fake all the way, and thus I chose white over green, because the green ones never look real, either.


Okay, I guess that was all for the time being. What are your thoughts on decorating, dear readers? Are you an enthusiastic as I, or not so much? What are your favourite colour combos when it comes to home decor? And if you happen to celebrate Christmas, do you have a tree, real or fake? Feel free to discuss in the comments! It will be nice to see if there are other decor freaks amongst my readers. :3

4 kommenttia:

  1. We actually do not have a tree but we do have a blackboard in our living room. So I just painted a christmastree on there. :D
    Hopefully next year we will have a tree. ^-^

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. That's very innovative! :) Our current apartment is so small we don't even have room for a real Christmas tree, plus our bunny Odessa would eat it anyway, so we'll have to do with the fake one. And Christmas trees are quite expensive here in Helsinki, too! :O But sometimes I do miss having a real tree... *-*

      Poista
  2. I much prefer warm colours. My room needs to have red in it. Red duvet, curtains and rug is just excellent for me

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. I like warm colours, too, but somehow have now ended up in the colder zone. :D Red is a very royal colour also, so it's a good choise!

      Poista