21.5.2013

Parasol Season

...it has begun! The weather today was sunny, but windy. A perfect weather to wear lolita and carry a parasol. Unfortunately not so great weather for one's hair, but you can't have it all, it seems.

Anyway, me and my boyfriend went to have some tea at The Ounce. It was nice to go there after a long time. I've been so busy with my school I've had hardly time for anything else this Spring. After the tea we went to see "The Great Gatsby". It was so beautiful and sad.

I tried to wear my Minna Parikka's Angora shoes, but  it was so painful I had to change to lower heels. I can manage everything from 2 cm to 10 cm, but 12 cm heels, that's too much for me. Well, these shoes are so pretty that somehow I will have to learn to endure the pain they cause. :'D




We also bought some tea and caramel flavoured sugar. The green tea is called "Chinese Lover's Dream", the black and green tea blend is "Jasmin Bagdad" and the white one is "Jade Spiral", it's Chinese handmade top quality tea.


Outfit details
Dress, headbow - Innocent World
Blouse - Ellos
Parasol - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Stockings - Stockmann
Shoes - Minna Parikka

16 kommenttia:

  1. What a cute outfit! :D
    Is the parasol really any good when it gets windy? I admit I never had a proper one, but I always imagined them to become damaged just like umbrellas would.
    Then again, I guess it depends on how windy it is - here we had terribly windy weather lately, so it would probably have been bad for hair AND a parasol XD

    Those shoes look really nice! Minna Parikka's designs are always so cool. I can recommend trying gel insoles if you have problems with high heels. I wear them with my 12cm Iron fist heels and it really helps a lot!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you! This umbrella seems quite durable (though it looks delicate), it can take pretty much wind without damaging.

      Thank you for the tip, but it wouldn't help in my case. I've had this same problem with this high heels before. The pain strikes on the upper side of my feet, not on the underside. It seems that I simply cannot manage more than 10 cm heels... D: But now I somehow have to, I don't want to sell these cute shoes!

      Poista
  2. Ihana asu! :)

    Terveisin anonyymi joka kerää vieläkin rohkeutta pukeutua lolitaan :D

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Kiitos!

      Ehkä voisit aloittaa hyvin yksinkertaisilla asuilla, tai vain lisäämällä pieniä, lolimaisia asusteita arkityyliisi? :3 Tsemppiä vaan!

      Poista
  3. Could you not take the shoes to a cobblers and ask if they can cut down the heel for you? Sometimes it can be done

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Oh no, I couldn't. They are my favorite designer's shoes, I couldn't take the risk of ruining them. ;_;

      Poista
  4. Wow, I feel so jealous, the weather you have is so good, in France, everybody is still wearing a coat and it's only 9°C!
    Your lolita outfit is really cute, I love how sweet but elegant you look!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Oh, that's too bad! Hopefully the weather will warm up there too. Yesterday it was +20 here! Luckily it was windy also so it wasn't too hot for lolita. x)

      Thank you!

      Poista
  5. You look so sweet! I am glad for parasol weather, I just bought a brown one recently very similar to yours, from Alice and the Pirates.

    The caramel flavoured sugar sounds delicious, I hope you will enjoy it!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you!

      I will enjoy the caramel sugar with tea. ^^

      Poista
  6. What a pretty outfit! I do love those shoes.

    VastaaPoista
  7. Oi, ihana. Pupukengät sopivat tähän asuun ihan täydellisesti, sillä näytät itsekin tässä vähän pupumaiselta (ihan kuin Odessa). Taitaa johtua kampauksesta.. (:

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Kiitos! Otan tuon kohteliaisuutena, koska minusta Odessa on suunnilleen maailman suloisin ja ihastuttavin otus. XD

      Poista