Hello, lords and ladies!
Although I'm not particularly craving for prints right now, I still thought I'd take part in today's Lolita Blog Carnival topic. Here's what I'd like to see in future prints - heck, if someone really made these happen, I'd certainly wear them, too!
1. Boeing 737 majestically taking over atop of a buzzling metropolis, also shown in silhouette, or atleast effortlessly gliding through the fiery sunset skies. Travelling continues to be one of my greatest passions and I have always loved airplanes. In my past I've worked mostly with Boeing 737s and it's still my favourite model. In a print, this would naturally be a one time, large image on the hem, and the upper part of the dress would be either black or dark blue, depending on the print colours. Maybe someone could even release both "ink black" and "midnight blue" colourways? Pretty please?!
2. Unicorns. In all of my ears in lolita, I have not yet seen a brand release dress that captures unicorns just right. Historical unicorns are lovely, too, but I can't really take the pastel, cutese wutesy, stuffed toy like unicorns. That's just not what unicorns are for me. Ever since I was a kid, I've been obsessed with unicorns and in my mind they continue to be pure, wild, fierce, mystical and powerful creatures. Not something you would pet. In short, I'd like to see unicorn prints that really capture them right and do them justice.
2. Bunnies. Same as with unicorns, I'd like to see more natural looking bunny prints. I have no objections to bunny prints being cutesy wutesy, though, because that's what they really are. A bunny print where the bunnies hop in a forest or on a flower meadow would be just wonderful.
3. Books, but this time in pastel, or at least faded colours. We've seen some amazing book dresses from brands, but they all tend to be quite dark and heavy. I would like to see something more fresh and light this time. The books could still be old fashioned, of course, just change the colour schemes.
4. Why of course, tea, tea cups, tea pots, tea parties, pastries - yes please! Tea is one of my dearest hobbies (amongst travelling, bunnies and books) and I never tire of tea releated prints, no matter how often they are seen. As with book prints, I'd like to see something a little bit more mature, rather than cute. Faded pastels, antique cups, maybe some Rococo influences...
5. Flowers, as they also are one of my all time favourite themes in lolita (and in everything else too). But instead of the usual roses (though I adore them, too) I'd like to see delicate, small wild flowers. A meadow, or maybe flowers taking over some ancient ruins... Something really summer-y and fairytale like. The print could be really realistic, or really dreamy and look like it was painted with watercolours.
6. Conclusion: I'd like to see prints that are either really striking in colour, or really soft and faded. I'd like to see old lolita themes re-invented in a way that we haven't seen them yet. I'd also like to see more border, or at least on the hem only prints, the kind of prints that don't look too busy, nor too boring either. The perfect balance (yes, I can be quite demanding sometimes)!
What would you, dears, like to see in future prints, be it in lolita or any other fashion you may like? Feel free to share your opinions in the comments!
P.S. The other LBC participants:
Pépins de Pom & Co.
Kawaii no Hawaii