5.2.2014

Hellocon 2014: My Purchases

Good afternoon, lords and ladies!

Last weekend I attended Hellocon (Helsinki Lolita Convention). I was also organising "The Fairy Forest" fashion show, Essi's memorial corner and the Hellocon Tea Party event. I will do several posts about this event, because there will be so much pictures and videos, that there's no point exploding your screens with all of them at the same time. :P

So first, some purchases. I didn't shop that much, and I'm happy about that. But I did purchase this Rose Melody dress:


It's quite lovely even though up close you can tell it's not brand quality. (That's why I usually prefer brand or handmade dresses to offbrand.)  I really like this dress, though. Especially the upper part, which looks somewhat underwearish - and yes, I like that. I know it's wrong to say this about a lolita dress, but it does look a little bit sexy!


I also like the colours and the hem, it's of good lenght and the embroidery is lovely. The only thing that bothers me about this dress is the lace on the waist. I'll have to see if it can be removed.


And this Baby, the Stars Shine Bright bolero. It's so cute, soft and very versatile. I'll be wearing this one a lot during next Summer!

 


8 kommenttia:

  1. Voi miten kummallista nähdä ennen omistamansa mekko jonkun toisen blogissa :p Mutta tosi kiva, että tykkäät :)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Tykkään kyllä, vaikka huomaahan siitä, ettei se ole brändilaatua. Kauempaa katsottuna kuitenkin kaunis, ja hintalaatusuhteeltaankin ok. Haluaisin saada nuo pitsit tuosta vyötäröltä pois, niin malli olisi elegantimpi, mutta jos ei niitä saa, niin pitää katsoa josko sitä kuitenkin voisi käyttää. Ja jos ei, tiedän jo kenelle sen myyn eteenpäin. ^^

      Poista
  2. The cut and colour of that dress are lovely! I was surprised that it wasn't Meta though, as I have a skirt by them with very similar embroidery.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. I first thought it was Meta, too. I was not familiar with Rose Melody before, and was afraid this might be a replica. But Mimi and Tiia said that as far as they know, Rose Melody doesn't do replicas and it has its own swan designs... so I figured, only the swans' similarity to Meta's logo does not a replica make. :3

      Poista
  3. The dress is really pretty ! I especially like the hems embroidery. The bolero is also lovely :) Money well spent, in my opinion.

    VastaaPoista
  4. Rose Melodyn mekon joutsenet ovat ainakin suoraan kopioitu Metamorphoselta.. Internet myös kertoo että Rose Melody tekee replicoita nykyään.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Jälleen kerran, pelkät joutsenet ei tee mekosta vielä replicaa, mutta en tunne Metan mallistoja niin hyvin, että osaisin sen enempää sanoa. En myöskään tunne Rose Melodya entuudestaan, eikä tullut mieleen ruveta googlettamaankaan enää jälkikäteen. Kivaa kuitenkin, että viitsit nähdä noin paljon vaivaa eteeni. ;)

      Poista